Monday, March 3, 2008

Identity Diffusion

Our names and job titles are not our definite identity, it never has been and never will be. For something so basal such as words and language could never truly deflect the veracity of our existence. Our names are just alphabets, chronicled under the Registrar of birth and death, tabularized into the perpetual list of historical records. Passport sized photos, signatures, thumb prints and all our genetic data; they are just registering our presence in this transitory stay of Life.

My identities vacillate round the spectrum of circumstances, each alter ego, siphoned and surrogated by another as contiguous events unfold. Most of the time, I am just a slave to this country, bonded by the legal servitude along the civil sector… My freedom, coerced by the pecuniary motivation of financial freedom yet enslaved by the cardinal significance of working hours… At night, in front of this window to this sea of knowledge, I became the author of this place, a philosopher of thoughts and an investor when I login to trade.

I take on different identities and titles along this ephemeral timeline. With the switch of each persona, I dwell into a different realm of thought, only to grow stronger by failing spectacularly. Transcending through the banality of everyday living, I feel myself alive even after love have left. I am an environmentalist 30 meters underwater, a climber 50 feet above the sea line, an athlete along the course of sports and achievements… Even places dictate what I will and were to become, like how I’m a kid in a toy store, a geek in a computer shop, a gamer in an arcade and a writer in this blog.

Identity diffusion, a chronic malady that I live with to feel alive… After all I am just one of those mixed up person in this screwed up world…

No comments: