Friday, July 11, 2008

The Erasers Of Reality

Tired of the mundane lives we rinse and repeat, we often seek for an adventure, or maybe just an hour or two of digression from reality. For those well financed, we go travelling to see people in their own routines. To muse at how altered the meaning of “mundane” could be. But when we could not afford such luxuries, we just immerse ourselves into the stories of imaginations in front of a silver screen.

For the hour and more, we inhabit another world. A world brought to visuals ever since the advent of technology. The anecdotes of characters summarised into hours of action and drama. In stories that we find amusing with just a few minutes of trailer or synopsis, we decided to let our mind escape and drift into them for that moment.

I love watching movies, even if it’s all by myself. It’s not because of the escapism for that moment nor the companies with the show. It’s because some shows seemed like a past reminiscent or a déjà vu from a dream... The stories and characters may be different, the themes diverge, yet the consciousness of my mind reminds me otherwise.

In these movies and shows, animations and cinematic graphics, I see the illustrations of life. A depiction of snippets of my itinerary for the past years, and those I’ve seen and passed. The realism of actualities, cut and paste to form a totally different but profitable story. I abrade upon them on a weekly basis in an attempt to erase off what’s left of me...

Movies are the erasers of reality, and for that, I pay to erase myself... But still, there are still things we could never erase. Like how I have written too hard on some of the pages in history, that even such erasers could never remove...

Even if they did... The imprint is still there...

No comments: