Monday, November 29, 2010

Losing a Best Friend

It’s amazing how the heartstrings between one another could turn the world of each other upside down... That deafening silence, cutting through this vessel of mine, each stab piercing nearer to the edges of my heart… I’ve felt this familiar sensation before, that pain and ache so close to making me become heartless again. So that’s how it feels to lose a best friend… It feels so much like the same of losing a loved one…

That unsettledness within me grew with each passing moment… Maybe she’s just a dream, just a pebble in this river of time from where I have been swept. Just as this stream of fate intertwine our lives, it tore us apart. In this eventuality, even a friendship couldn’t withstand the ravages of time. For it just takes one wrong to lose someone so important in my life…

Even if I’ll become nothing to her, I will still remember her… For she’s always here in my heart. I’ve made a promise… A promise to her, that I will become just a nobody. Just as how we’ve started from nothing… For that is the last thing I could do, as a friend…

As these echoes of emptiness resounded within me… I know my life will change without her here. In my life…

They say the eyes are the windows to the soul… Then my soul must have been flooded with tears of pain and regrets…

No comments: