Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ambitions

Exchanging our time for the pecuniary satisfaction of this materialistic world, we adhere to the doctrine of “Money can buy happiness”. Or at least somewhere along that line. Some of us work for the subsistence of our loved ones; for the better future of our next generation. In the process to become a slave to the economy, we try to find a balance in doing what we like with what we have no choice in... We try to find something closest to our ambitions and we work around it. Eventually to realize what we started out to, or get stuck in the middle of a gratifying paycheck.

At times, I would debate within my sub conscious. About the endless probabilities in future, about the limited knowledge I have, about finding a way to do what I want and living the life I want. Though careers and decisions do change along with the hands of times, my dreams and ambitions never change. Some of those in my sphere of influence love the arts of culinary, so they chose the path of being a chef. Some others shares interests parallel to mine, thus the decision to be associated with a bank. While some prefers the logical explanations science can endow them, hence the resolution of being the next Einstein. Then there are also some of those who want to be the next Rambo, and joined the army and pledged a few years of their youth to the government. I guess the saying of “Everything will fall into place when the time comes” does exist.

Articulating ambitions into words is simply too hard, for I could write a million and one words, yet I still could not fully convey it. Thus there are such things as “Jobs”, with less than 10 words, it recapitulate our aspiration into a universal motif.

No comments: