Sunday, September 7, 2008

I Drink...

I drink and I drank and I keep on drinking. Until I cannot place myself exactly. Physically. Psychologically. Socially. Emotionally. Morally. And this I confess.

I think I am drunk. But I prefer the term to alcoholic. I drink until I am nothing and no thing. And less. And lesser than that. To the eventuality of nothingness. In entirety, I planned to drink this world away. To drink another world in. Through a rush of sensation, one gives to the other, until I can insinuate myself inebriatiously through the osmotic portal. Into a world of giddy delights and softer consequences. Into the world of fuzzy visualizations and indistinct avowals.

I’m good at it. At being drunk. The semi-liquidise existence of a professional verdant. I can be more drunk than anyone has ever been, ever in the history of everness - and still I can drink more. For I have plumbed to the highest depths and aspired to the lowest pinnacles of inebriation - and am none the worse or wiser for it. It is who I am.

And I drink to confessions that beg no forgiveness.

No comments: