Saturday, October 11, 2008

Old Songs

Why do old songs make us reminisce... Is it because of the cultural gap between the genres of the past and the present. Or the impossibility of a time warp to a previous generation, that we have missed yet yearn to participate in a way or another.

I like old songs, oldies that could date back to years before I was even in liquid form. The work of past artists, glories of ashen flames, I live them back one song at a time. To place myself back in time where people who are old are young again, to an era of black and whites, to a time where the music players we now epithet are called gramophones.

I transcended time through the verberating portal of music, and lived the present with the hymns of the past. Pop maybe the genre I grew from, with each songs charting a different place in my life. But these old songs, they came before even I exist. They reminded me not of the phases in life, but how each song portrays an emotion so close and nostalgia. That even after a few decades, I could even relate to what it meant...

No comments: