Saturday, October 25, 2008

Words...

I'll try to fail spectacularly in an attempt to succeed...

I find metaphors in the now and then from the eventuality of those here and there - but all words are bad metaphors. All words are vague descriptions of the amorphous thoughts that flow through our minds. And we are imperfectly describing what we actually mean when we decide to commit those thoughts to anything as fickle as language.

Even though I have to. Even though that's the very basis of communication. Of society itself. Language has and always will be the weakest link. I say "this" when I really mean something that "this" roughly resembles. You'll respond with "that" when you really mean whatever approximates a response to what you misconstrued as my intent, when I used "this" term.

And the degrees by which we are moving away from what we really meant, continues with each imprecisely proximated response. Until we are no longer dealing with the original ideas - but instead wrestling with the intricacies and nuances of language itself.

It all fails the macroscopic concepts. We use archetypical words like "love" because they are the closest approximation we have to a broad range of concepts and emotion. That is a major flaw in the human condition. One which causes more heartache and false-hope and even more emotional destruction than anyone cares to fathom.

I've stopped writing here because the hypocrisy of it cuts me like razors. Because explaining the problem is obscured by the problem itself, and that I should probably leave it as it is... I strive for semblance and failure is my success.

Like how love should be... No matter who, when or where... I try to the best of my ability to prevent myself from loving... Ever again...

Somehow, I think I’ve failed once more...

No comments: