Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Away

I surmise time is but a measurement of our presence, a measurement of other’s presence, and a measurement for all things present. Be it a thing or people, relationships or animals, it somehow changes all of them in one way or another. To good or bad, from present continuous to past tense, they all change in time - Eventually into the irrevocability of conclusion and full stop… Yet in this trajectory change of no return, are the things we fail to see and realize…

Though the evanescence of time has brought me to accept this twist of fate, I find it a blessing instead. Freed from the heartstrings chaining me to this place, I’ve decided to seek a new life somewhere. Away from my friends, away from the succor of my comfort bubble, I’ve decided to move to a place where no one knows me… A place where I will start with a clean slate, a place where I will never lope into agonizing things like memories. That is until before I met her…

Anchored by the affections that bind us, I can’t confess my sentiments to her due to my moral conscience. I want to be selfish, but I can’t… Because she is the best thing that has happened to me.

This saccharine taste of love… These moments between the now and then. In this silence between the distance and universe, in this momentary lull in the speck of a thousand glimmer. I’m telling you that “I Love You” in silent consonants…

You can’t hear it – But it’s there…

No comments: