Sunday, August 10, 2008

This Moment Between Strangers

Somewhere between the strangers who turn into us, and the strangers we inevitably become - are the lives we occupy briefly and imagine to be the whole of ourselves. We step into the realm of others only to leave in a moment - hardly appraised by time, yet decreed by the things we have done.

These transient identities, these masks of masquerades that others mistakenly remember are what we actually are. These dust motes on anarchic tumble-tide trajectories. These momentary illusions coalesced from the quantum cause and ripple effect of all history, ready to evanesce at the slightest shift in neurochemistry or universal whimsy.

It seems I can no longer find time to define time... and meaning... and underlying form... and all those other things that occupied my mind so completely. Is life distracting me from the thoughts or were the thoughts distracting me from life? Am I better off where I am or where I was?

Was I a better stranger once? Will I become a better stranger next? Am I at least half as far from who I was, than from whom I want to become? Can these minutiae be measured with any accuracy or meaning?

Alas I can’t find any other words to fill this void - A vector agent of cerebral seepage.

No comments: