Saturday, December 8, 2007

The Anger Within

Anger, an emotion so negative yet unavoidable… It surrounds us, erratic and capricious like the stock market. At times it engulfs us and brings out our altered persona, at times it is just a fleeting moment in between this space and time. Yet when anger consumes us, even the most sagacious and logical can become perverse and dangerous…

As present turns into past and experience evolved into memories, I grew weary of these human emotions I feel. The short malevolence of anger… The feeling of betrayal… The thirst for revenge… And the eventual emptiness... I tried to let them go, I tried to transit myself away from such feeble feelings. Yet whenever I dreamt of her, these negative feelings just come surging back like a tidal wave… Each wave more devastating than the other, until I finally felt desolated. I thought I had let go of all that is not mine, those relationships, those things, those people… But a thought is all there is to it… Hitherto, time has told me that acceptance is the only conduit to happiness.

I find myself changing along the cerebral and corporeal facet. Changes which I could not put into words, but felt within… Changes which I do not know are for the best or the worst. Changes that made me fit more, into this loveless world…

Is this because of all the broken things within me? Or is it just me, shifting along the winds of time… No one knows…

No comments: