Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Anniversary

As I feel her skin and tasted her lips, I was engulfed in euphoria. A dream that looked so distant had came true, a dream that could last at most 7 hours has became reality... The dream of being with her... I never thought we could be so close. As our souls connect and her touch rests against mine, the flames of love began burning red. Her scent is the very oxygen that feeds it, her touch is the very fuel that kept it alive... At that moment, I thought to myself, “She’s gonna be my wife.”

365 days had passed, and I came back full circle to this fateful day... In the very same room, at the very same time... But this time, I’m all alone. What’s left of her is just the faint smell and remembrance of her presence... Flipping through pages of past narration, those photos, those letters, those videos... Those reminisence of past gaiety. People say the eyes are the window to the soul, but now, these windows are blurred. As droplets roll down these frames, the red flames of passion has already turned blue... Dreams do come to an end, and mine has long ended...

Every day I think of calling her. Every day I wonder what our lives would have been like if things had gone down differently.

I can't say they would have been better.

But that's the closest thing to solace, I've ever been allowed.

No comments: