Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Great In Between

There is never a place I belong, never an emotion I could hold on for long, for I exist in this state of the great in between. I am neither in the past, present nor future, but somewhere in between. I don’t feel hate or love, but somewhere in between…

I exist in this continuum between yesterday and tomorrow. There is never today and today has never been here in the first place. As each second unwinds, the future transmute into the past at a pace we call present… But how do we even define present? Along the seconds and milliseconds of the delineated present we exist, there is never a real or true present. Present tense is just a fratulent composition along the symbology of the human error. What we truly exist, is in this cosmic chasm, in the midst of the past and the future… Present is just a dogma, created to fill in the gaps of this great in between…

In the rifted juxtaposition of hate and love, I hang in the balance of both sides, pivoting me on the fence are the tenuous memories of past times. I can’t feel either of them anymore, not even anger, rage or forgiveness. Between the lovers and the strangers we inevitably became, are the perfidies of her… Shattering the credence between me and love, severing the ties of all that made me love, in between, I am just trying to lie to myself to the best of my convictions… To make believe in this thing called hope, which will only vaporize at the wake of every morning Sun.

I am stuck in this great in between, torn in the rift of two realms and/or entities… I do not dare to take sides, for I am neither a saint nor a sinner. I am just your average mortal…

No comments: