Saturday, May 24, 2008

Money Friends

How long has it been since we made mistakes, volunteered for something even when we don’t know what we are expecting. How long has it been since we last believe what someone says to be everything; that words are pure truth with no hidden agendas... Just how long...

We seemed to have lost this innocence in life as we grow, surrogated by the realities of people and the expectations within. As we grow, we make friends in a more cynical manner. Afraid of what hidden intentions people harbour, afraid of being used and be used. At the same time we also lost friends we used to know, friends that we used to hang out over with just a few cents of coffee. Just what changed us, or rather, the people around us... Is it the realization of monetary needs and the need to be more selfish than giving?

As I see my friends change, I can’t help but ponder the human revolution, the doctrine of “Survival of the fittest” and the incorporation of the sins into our once pure fortitude. I’m amazed by what money can do as well as the evil it’s capable... Somehow, I have yet to drift to the dark side, and I just want it to remain this way...

No comments: