Monday, May 5, 2008

A Wedding Night

The unification of two becomes one... The vows of an eternal love, crossed between the junction of hope and faith, tolerance and acceptance. They are revered to as the pinnacle of happiness, a state of contentment filled to the brim by bliss. Many experienced this for a while, some for some while, some never in their brief moments ever...

I capture these times of joy and celebration. The congregation brought about by the marriage of two individuals. They brought laughter, joy and many other emotions that are beyond words, - Emotions that could only be captured by light and light alone. I try to freeze them in pixels and resolutions, to capture what is left of a night abrogated by the laws of age and time.

Whenever I see such pure happiness, such confessions of love, such brief beautiful moments, I can’t help myself but continue shooting these portraits of perfection. I went on all night, until the lights are out, until the guests have left... I went on...

In my own futile attempt to keep happiness, I seek solace in the pictures of others. Even if it does not belong to me, I keep shooting... For it reminds me of how human I am, of how love should be and how it should not end. In the end only to realize how much I miss her, how long I have last saw her...

When two people meet, there are six present... There is a man as he sees himself, each man as the other woman sees him, and the man he really is. If only three of her had fallen in love with all the three man I really am...

No comments: